Sunup to sundown, we got our skin covered.
Our esthetician Dana gives us the scoop on why our skin needs different things at different times of the day.
When the sun’s up, it’s all about protecting our skin from free radicals, pollution, smog, and UV rays. At night, our skin goes into repair mode; there’s an increase in blood flow and collagen production, which helps give our skin that dewy glow we love so much.
Because of these differences, it’s important to use the right products at the right times of day to maximize the health of your skin.
Wake Up Call - A.M.
- Daily Cleanser - It’s always best to start with a clean “canvas”. So, wash your face!
- Hydrating Serum - Serums applied to freshly cleansed damp skin help to prevent water loss and keep the skin hydrated.
- Hydrating Eye Cream - Eye cream followed by moisturizer locks in serum to keep the skin hydrated all day long.
- Daily Moisturizer SPF 30 or Daily Moisturizer Mineral SPF 30 - In addition to the moisturizing benefits, sunscreen is essential in the daytime to protect our skin from harmful UV rays.
- Daily SPF Face Mist - If you're heading out and will be in the sun for a while, it’s essential to reapply an extra layer of SPF.
Time to Get Some Z’s - P.M.
- Daily Cleanser - A good night cleanse is important to remove the “day” from your skin like pollution, dirt, makeup, sweat and oil.
- Hydrating Serum – Your skin just went through a lot during the day. Serums applied to clean, damp skin will help keep it happy and hydrated and set the stage for moisturizers and creams.
- Hydrating Eye Cream -The skin underneath our eyes is very delicate and needs some extra love after a long day.
- Restoring Night Cream – While we sleep our skin goes into repair mode. So nighttime is the best time to apply a thicker, hydrating cream so skin can soak up all the good stuff!
On a Weekly Basis
Restoring Face Mask - This can be applied a few times a week when your skin needs some extra love and a boost of hydration.